How can we help?

Do I really need additional benefits like landlord contents?

We always recommend including landlord contents cover for your rental property. This is to cover you for losses to items such as ovens, dishwashers and curtains. Our landlord policies come standard with $20,000 of landlord contents cover for no additional charge.  This will normally be plenty of cover for a unfurnished rental property.  If your rental is furnished, we recommend you consider increasing the contents cover. We provide multiple levels of landlord contents cover ( $20,000, $40,000 and $80,000).

If the property is insured with initio you do not need to get a separate contents cover, which may be the case with other insurers.

What if my rental is part of a body corporate?

Unfortunately insuring units under a body corporate can get a bit tricky. This is because all units are insured under a single policy and some may be more furnished than others. Initio does not insure body corporate units, or provide standalone landlord benefits at this stage.

What if I require loss of rents cover longer than 52 weeks?

It is very prudent to consider how long it may take to rebuild your rental house or block of units – but note that you would be hard pressed to find an insurer who will offer loss of rents for more than 52 weeks.

Learn more about landlord insurance, landlord contents, and loss of rents here.