How can we help?

If I claim on my house and my contents what excess(s) do I pay?

Your insurance excess is based on the number of events. So if you are claiming for damage to your home and your contents that was the result of a single event, you will only pay one excess. The excess that you pay will be the highest applicable excess.

For example, your home suffers a power surge which damages appliances and your permanently installed alarm system. The standard excess on your home is $650, and the standard excess on your contents is $400. Your contribution to the claim (or the excess that applies) is $650.