How to: Fire Claim
A house fire can be a devastating time for property owners. At Initio we understand, we sympathise and most of all, we want to make it right.
IMPORTANT: We need to assess the damage before anything is repaired or moved.
If you have home and contents insurance with Initio, here’s what you need to do:
- Log into your dashboard on the initio website and click on the make a claim button.
- Fill in the form online and we’ll email or call you within 1 business day.
If you are unable to go online to to fill in the claim form, give us a call on 0800 763 929.
- The room that is fire damaged has a smashed window, so now my property is unsecure, but still liveable – what should I do?
Get the window boarded up as a temporary safety/security measure. We will reimburse you for this cost once your claim is accepted.
- Only one room has suffered fire damage, can I just go ahead and get it repaired?
No, please leave everything as it is, until we’ve had an opportunity to assess it.
- My entire house is burnt to the ground, I don’t have access to the internet to make a claim – what do I do?
Give us a call on 0800 763 929, we’ll sort it over the phone.
- What is my excess?
This amount is chosen by you when you buy the insurance, if you can’t remember, just check your policy schedule (you’ll find this document on your dashboard).
“All claims are different and they are assessed on their own merits and facts. The above does not imply a guaranteed approach to all such claims”