How to: Natural Disaster Claim
IMPORTANT: If your house is unsecure, unsafe or vulnerable to more damage, get a professional to make the house livable and we’ll work through the costs together later.
After ensuring the house is secure and everyone is safe, here’s what to do:
- Take photos of the damage if you can.
- Complete any urgent repairs ie glazing, tree removal etc
- Log in to your dashboard on the initio website and click on make a claim
- Fill in the form and send us photos.
- We’ll email or call you within 1 business day.
Black water alert
As a precaution, homes that have been inundated with waters from the street or rivers should be treated as contaminated (black water) and extra care taken. See our guidelines on black water and cleaning up after a disaster.
- Do I need to advise the EQC about the loss?
The EQC will need to be notified, we’ll work through that together once you’ve lodged your claim with Initio. You can refer to the EQC website if you would like to familiarise yourself with their process.
- How soon after the event, do I need to claim for natural disaster damage?
You must have lodged your claim within 3 months after the event, for the EQC to consider it.
- My holiday home has potentially been damaged by a natural disaster, but we’re not going there for another month, can I claim that late after the event?
You can claim for damage after the loss (up to 3 months); however, it is an absolute requirement that you do everything you can to ensure any damage is kept as minimal as possible. If you are not able to get to your holiday home yourself, then you’ll need to get someone else to go and check it to make sure that no urgent repairs are needed.
“All claims are different and they are assessed on their own merits and facts. The above does not imply a guaranteed approach to all such claims”