How to make a claim
Have you ever wondered what you would do if you had a claim on your property? At initio we have complied a step by step guide to help you navigate making a claim.
Step 1. Secure your Property
Take care of yourself and your property to prevent further loss or damage, if you need to, contact emergency services such as fire or police.
Step 2. Make a Claim
Login to your initio dashboard and click ‘make a claim’ answer the questions and upload any relevant documentation such as receipts, quotes, police reports, and photos. If you have any additional details or forget to send something initially, you can email [email protected]
If your claim is urgent and you need to speak to someone, call 0800 763 929, or 0800 560 333 if outside business hours.
Step 3. Leave it to Initio
Our Claims Manager will be in touch with the next steps. If required we may send an assessor to your property to review and assist with the claim process.
Step 4. Contact Details
Keep an eye on your emails for claims updates and notifications. Make sure that we have the contact details for your tenants and property manager in case we need to liaise directly with them to arrange access.
Step 5. Practical tips
There are things you can do to assist so we can get your claim resolved quickly.
- Take photos of the damage, if your claim is straightforward we could assess your damage from these.
- If you have water damage, contact Jae’s on 0800 225 552 to arrange cleaning and drying.
- Arrange for a repairer to view the damage, report on the cause (if they are able) and provide a quotation to repair.
- Provide us with receipts, or model numbers for items that are damaged.
- The two most recent property inspection reports are required for contamination or deliberate damage by tenant claims.
- If you are claiming for Loss of rent we will need a copy of the tenancy agreement.