This is the website of Initio Limited (Initio). The administration of the website is performed by Initio. The arranging of insurance contracts on this website, as well as policy and claims management is the responsibility of Initio. ‘We’, ‘us’, and ‘Initio’ refers to Initio Limited.
The postal address for Initio is:
PO Box 19497, Hamilton
The physical address for Initio is:
Beca Building, Level 2, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton City, Hamilton, New Zealand
All email correspondence can be directed to [email protected]
Our telephone contact number is + 64 7 929 4126.
Our web server automatically recognises a user’s domain name.
1. E-mail addresses of those users that communicate with us via e-mail.
2. E-mail addresses of those who make postings via online chat.
3. Email addresses (and other personal information as supplied by the customer) of customers who chose to transact with us, including users who email themselves a quote from our website.
4. Aggregate information, data, and record of pages unidentified users access or visit, and how they interact with those pages.
5. User-specific information, data and record of pages a customer accesses, completes, or visits, and how they interact with those pages.
6. Information volunteered by the customer/user.
7. Specific personal contact and other information as supplied by the customer/user during the insurance signup process.
8. Risk data about properties or vehicles that we may quote on or insure. We may use third parties in order to collect this data.
The above information on our secure servers and related software and database applications.
The information we collect is:
1. Shared with agents or insurers who assist in providing support for our internal operations, for underwriting risk.
2. Shared with an association, club or buying group that is a partner of initio and that our customer is a member of. This information is limited to the customers name, the address of the insured property or vehicle year/made/model, effective date of cover, expiry date of cover, insurer premium, type of transactions (eg renewal), and payment interval
3. Used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes.
4. Disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation and audit.
5. Used to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website.
6. Disclosed to any successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate change.
7. Used to underwrite and bind insurance policies.
8. Used to submit claims to insurers.
9. Used for all other purposes relating to the placement and management of your insurance.
You have the right to:
1. Request all information that is held about you.
2. Request that information held about you is corrected.
Cookies are small data files that a website host computer sends to, or installs on, a user’s computer to help it remember information you enter, by passing a unique ID between your computer and the Initio website that identifies you.
We use ‘first party’ and ‘third party’ (including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Google Signals and Hotjar) cookies on our website. The information recorded and tracked includes:
1. Information that users/consumers input when obtaining quotes or filing in the online forms.
2. User-specific information on pages users access, visit, complete.
3. Past activity on our site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site.
4. Data on user behaviour and their devices (and across those different devices), including device screen size, device type, browser information, country location,
We use this information to help us understand how you engage with our website and enhance your experience while visiting our website.
Google Analytics & Signals
This technology enables initio to obtain visitation information across multiple devices (eg laptop, phone) when a user is signed-in and who have consented for this association with google. The google information may include end user location, search history, youtube history, and data from other sites that partner with google. The information is aggregated and anonymised.
You can access your Google Analytics data and / or delete it by visiting My Activity.
Specifically, we use Hotjar’s User Attributes service which includes Personally-Identifying-Information (PII). On your request, by email to the address above, we will delete the Hotjar PII we hold on you.
Changing or disabling cookies
If you do not want to be recorded by Hotjar, you can disable it by setting the DoNotTrack header in your browser. For more information and more about Hotjar’s data processing, please visit: www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
You can choose to delete or change the settings of your cookies from your internet browser.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at the above address.
- If you supply us with your postal address online you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by emailing or calling us.
- Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding renewals, support, new products and services. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address.
- Through the customer dashboard, which can be accessed by the customer with a password protected login, we provide customers with access to transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them, current and historical invoices and covers, current and previous claims information.
- Customer can have this information corrected by updating the information on the dashboard or by email to the above address.
- We ask for customer reviews of our service. We do this online after a new policy, a renewal of a policy, or after a policy alteration. If the customer provides a review or star rating, we may use this customer provided star rating and the feedback provided to let other customers know what other customers think of initio. The review or star rating will display as a first name, the date the review was provided, the geographic location, and the insurance cover the review relates to. For example, John from Hamilton, 8 August, Landlord Cover. We will never reveal a customers full name or contact information.
- We may use this review feedback on our website or as part of marketing material that is published outside of our website.
- By providing a review, you consent to the way we will use this information. We can remove or adjust your review on you request by email to the above address.
- With respect to payment security and when we pass financial and credit card information we use secure third partes, Windcave Hosted Solution, and Stripe.