How can we help?

Can you insure a rental property and attached unit on one policy?

Yes. We can insure the main rental property and attached self-contained unit (i.e. granny flat) under one multi-unit rental policy.

Important: With a multi-unit rental policy you are insuring multiple attached units on the same policy rather than insuring them individually. This is a cost effective way of insuring multi-units. Coverage limits for loss of rents, malicious damage and meth is on a per unit basis (e.g $20,000 per unit loss of rents cover). However, landlords contents cover is a total insured value shared by all units. More details and examples.

The initio multi-unit rental policy ensures that the correct fire services and earthquake levies are collected per self-contained unit. Learn more about multi unit insurance here.