Contents insurance basics

Demystifying Insurance Excess

Picking the right insurance excess can be tricky. Excess is the money you pay when something goes wrong, like a broken window or water leak. Let’s make it simple. High or low excess? If you pick a high excess, you pay less money every year… Learn more

Moving House?

Make sure your big move is covered by insurance. Congratulations! You’ve found your new dream home and the day has come for the big move to your new property. But what if something falls off the back of the truck during the move? Does your insurance still cover… Learn more

What contents items do I need to specify?

When you insure your belongings, you pick a total amount of cover for everything. But, some items still have a limit on how much they’re covered for. If you think something is worth more than this limit, you can add this as a specified item and it will be noted… Learn more

What contents are covered for market value?

Our comprehensive personal contents protection is based on new-for-old cover. There are however a few items that are covered for their current value, where your payout will be based on the item’s present (or market) value:   Market Value Replacement Items:  Books  Clothing & Footwear  Media, Software, Programs and Digital… Learn more

Are lawnmowers covered under contents insurance?

Lawn mowers (and other domestic garden appliances like a hedge trimmer) are covered as standard under our contents insurance. Lawn mowers do not need to be listed as specified item to be covered. This also includes ride-on lawnmowers (as long as they are used personally at your house). If… Learn more

Are my Hearing Aids covered?

There’s replacement cover for your Hearing Aids under our homeowners contents cover. Hearing Aids are automatically covered so you won’t need to list them separately on your policy. To see a list of contents items that need to be listed, see here. Learn more