Can I insure a middle unit in a block?

Our house insurance isn’t set up to cover middle units. It can get very complicated if you make a claim for damage that involves multiple other unit owners and insurance companies.

What’s considered a middle unit?

If a unit is in a block of flats/townhouses/apartment building that’s physically connected to more than one other unit, be that below, alongside or above.  We would then consider it to be defined as a “middle unit”.

Part of a Body Corporate?

We also can’t provide cover on any unit or dwelling that’s owned under a Body Corporate, as it’s the Body Corporate’s responsibility to insure the building, not the individual unit owners.