How do I make a claim?
Making a claim is easy.
All of our claims are lodged online via your initio dashboard. All you need to do is login to your initio dashboard, click ‘make a claim’ and follow the prompts to complete the questions.
Your claim will be lodged immediately with the insurer and you will be able to view its progress.
In the event of a major claim such as a fire, an assessor will contact you and arrange to visit your property promptly. With most minor losses the claim can be handled and settled electronically. The insurer reserves the right to appoint an assessor or investigator to any claim they receive.
Guides for claiming on certain types of damage
- How To: Natural Disaster Claim
- How To: Storm Damage Claim
- How To: Water Damage Claim
- How To: Claim for Intentional Damage by Tenants
- How To: Make a Meth Contamination Claim
- How To: Fire Damage Claim
If you would like to know what kind of damage is and isn’t covered by our policy, please see our claims examples page.