When you insure your own home and contents, it needs to be cost effective and easy, but most importantly it needs to be right!

The Initio combined home and contents policy provides you with extensive cover for the house itself and your personal contents.   But we’re flexible too, so if you only want to insure your home, that’s ok with us.  As we are all about houses, we won’t insure contents by itself so if you are a renter – sorry we are not for you.

We often get asked about insuring jewellery. If you take out a contents policy our jewellery item limit means that jewellery items worth under $3,000 are covered automatically so you only need to specify items of jewellery and watches with a value of more than $3,000 each.

Get Quote

Here are some of the great features of the cover:

 Home Cover:
Description of Cover Limit of Cover Excess
Full replacement House Cover up to Sum Insured Your Sum Insured Your Choice of $400 / $650 / $1,150 / $2,000
Temporary Accommodation Cover (eg while your house is getting repaired) $25,000 Nil
Hidden Gradual Damage Cover (eg slow leaking water pipe) $3,000 Your Chosen Excess
Owners Legal Liability Cover (eg your dog causes a road accident) $2,000,000 Your Chosen Excess
Full Earthquake Cover Your sum insured Your Chosen Excess
Landscaping $3,000 Your Chosen Excess
Contents Cover:
Description of Cover Limit of Cover Excess
Contents and Personal Effects – Replacement value cover $60,000 – $220,000 Your Chosen Excess
Home Office (eg you run a business from home) $15,000 Your Chosen Excess
Personal Liability $2,000,000 Your Chosen Excess
Lost or Stolen Keys $2,000 Your Chosen Excess
Overseas Travel (Austraila & Pacific Islands) $5,000 Your Chosen Excess

IMPORTANT This is a summary of the policy only. Please refer to the policy wording for full details of cover.

Initio allows you to easily buy insurance online and enjoy some of the best policy coverage and pricing available to insure your Own Home and Contents.


Get a quote


(square meters)
(Living area & attached garaging in square meters)
(Decking & detached garaging in square meters)

This figure is automatically generated based on the size of your property – it is not intended to accurately reflect the rebuild cost. You need to establish your Sum Insured, you may wish to use a valuer or an online calculator such as Cordell.
Means a traditional residential rental property.
Mean a multiple residential units or flats under the same roof.
Means a holiday home or your own home that you intend on using personally but is also rented out to short term tenants. Your own possessions are kept at the home.
Means a traditional holiday home or bach that you use personally. You may also let the property to friends and family.
Means a property that has been setup purely as a commercial enterprise for short term tenancies. You do not intend on using this property personally. If you do intend on using this property personally select "holiday home that's also rented out"
Means your own personal property which you live in